For our consultancy clients, we also offer simple and fast set up of your small business website on an easy-to-use platform you can maintain yourself. This gets your web presence up and running quickly and you can easily expand upon it later if you require more features.
This service includes:
- Basic website set up, including layout and colour scheme to complement your branding
- Advice on cost-effective hosting plans
- Responsive design for mobile devices
- Training on how to maintain and update your website
- Basic security and optimization tips
- Optional maintenance services
Website Design Q&A
Do you provide hosting?
We have made the decision NOT to provide (ie be the middleman for) hosting based on a few principles:
- Greater fee transparency. You pay exactly what the hosting company charges, no markup, no admin fees.
- Greater control for you to change and move between hosts if you ever wish to.
- 24/7 support from the hosting provider, no middleman to wait for.
- Less risk of the host “vanishing” as you know exactly who you are hosted with.
- No agreement by proxy with the original hoster. You know exactly what you are agreeing to.
But I know nothing about hosting and domain names. Can you set it up for me?
Yes, we can set it up – ideally together with you so we can show you how easy it is! We will need access to it for initial set-up and (on rare occasions) maintenance purposes, but the account will be in your name, and you will have complete control over it.
I’m still not sure… maybe I should go with a free social media platform I can do myself?
Free social media platforms are great! While there are multitudes of ways to get your message out, all of them take time and effort in learning how the platform works, and figuring out how people will find you amongst all the other sites and pages on the internet. So, in terms of your time… it’s not that free.
What we do is ask new clients a few questions about how they envision their web presence. If it turns out a website is not needed at this stage, we can recommend some other alternatives, based on your business needs. And yes, we can help you set it up and get it rolling for you.
Ok, so what does all this cost?
It will depend greatly on what you want, what content you have ready to publish, and what special features you may need, so it’s difficult to give a fixed price. But budget from about $1,500-$3,500 for a new website setup, domain and hosting.
If you want our help to do social media marketing, we can discuss rates with you, depending on what you need and how long you want our help.
Can you just update my existing site?
Possibly. We’d need to know more about your site and what sort of updates you have in mind. In some cases it is easier (and wiser) to build afresh, unless the updates are minor.
Can you do it pro bono?
Nope, but you can. Here you go: codecademy.com 🙂
Got more questions? We’d be happy to answer them. Just send us a message.