About the programme
Our training programme was created to equip aspiring career counsellors with knowledge and strategies for conducting effective sessions for working adults.
It is based on our own methodology, developed and expanded by our team of counsellors and recruiters since 2007.
- Family systems
- Stress reactions
- Automatic Negative Thoughts
- Love language
- Apology language
- People I meet – Friends I make
- Moral reasoning
- Attributes in others that attract and repel
- Likes, Dislikes, Neutrals
- Traditions – expressed and unexpressed
- Education – what do grades mean to me?
- Ideal workplace – physical environment, people expectations
- Comparison table of current workplace and ideal
- 5 basic needs choice theory
- Adversity reactions
- Analysis with participant
- Presentation of findings
- Coaching session
- Discussion: Participant decides if career counselling is what they want to do
- If yes, additional self learning / reading list will be assigned
- Mock counselling session with participant and observer (full or partial cycle)
- Number of sessions depends on the participant
Who should attend?
Our program is suitable for counsellors and HRD professionals who wish to hone their skills in providing career counselling to working professionals.
Prerequisites: Undergraduate degree, preferably in psychology, social sciences, or business. Minimum 3 years of working experience.
Readings and self-learning will be assigned.
Max 1 participant.
Delivered by Vinod Balagopal, social psychologist and career counsellor.
Courseware designed by our team.
Courseware developer and career consultant.