Personal Data Use Policy
Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). By using this website, you agree that all interactions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
What personal information do we collect?
(1) Candidate Resumes for advertised positions, inclusive of personal contact information, and information on current citizenship/residency.
(2) Biodata gathered via registration, application and contact forms.
(3) Scanned copies of documents to support applications.
(4) Individual Career Services client contact information, session information and resumes where applicable.
(5) Information supplied to us by visitors via contact form or chat.
(6) Website visitor information. We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website.
What do we use it for?
(1) All information supplied to Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is for the purposes of providing services as described on our website.
(2) Candidate resumes and supporting documents may be disclosed to Client companies for the purpose of job applications.
(3) Candidate documents may be disclosed to the Ministry of Manpower for the purposes of Employment Pass applications.
(4) Individual Career Services, particularly Counselling session information, is strictly confidential.
(5) All information and documents collected are for internal use only and will not be disclosed to any outside party other than those specified, except as in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
(6) Website visitor information is used solely for the functionality and security of the website.
How long do we keep this information?
(1) Candidate resumes are retained until the position that is applied for is closed.
Unsolicited resumes are not retained. Career seekers are encouraged to register and connect with us on LinkedIn instead.
(2) Scanned copies of documents to support job or visa applications are kept until the application is approved/ rejected. For subsequent applications, original or true copy documents will need to be resubmitted or verified.
(3) Individual Career Services session information is retained for a minimum of one (1) year from the date of last transaction.
(4) Contact information supplied to us may be retained if relevant for current or future services provided to clients. Duration varies according to client needs. We do not send unsolicited promotional messages.
How is this information stored?
(1) Hardcopies of biodata forms for internal use are stored onsite on our premises.
(2) Individual Career Services session information is stored onsite on our premises in hardcopy until sessions conclude, at which time they are scanned for electronic storage.
(3) Documents and other information are stored electronically using international data security standards with third party supplier(s) and / or our own internal-access server.
Links to other sites
(1) This site contains links to other sites (YouTube, GoogleMaps, etc). Gary and Pearl International Pte Ltd makes no representations whatsoever concerning the contents, privacy policies or functionality of those sites, or the data they collect or share. Please use at your own discretion.
Additional Information for Forum Users
Conduct by Users of the Service
You agree to abide by certain rules of conduct, including the community standards and other rules prohibiting illegal or unethical practices. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the service, whether online or offline. Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user.
You agree that you will not:
(1) Post, display, or share content that violates any law or the rights of any third party.
(2) Impersonate any person or entity without their consent, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation.
(3) Stalk, harass, or engage in any unwanted or otherwise inappropriate conduct with other users of the service.
(4) Post, display, or share content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person’s privacy.
(5) Post, display, or share content that is obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
(6) Post, display or share any content that is sexually explicit or violent.
(7) Transmit viruses, or other computer code, files or programs that may harm the service or interests or rights of other users, or that may harvest or collect data or information about other users without their consent.
(8) Post or share unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials.
(9) Engage in malicious or disruptive conduct that impedes or interferes with other users’ use of or enjoyment of the service.
(10) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other user’s account.
Any violation by you of the terms of this Section may result in immediate termination of your account without any compensation.
(1) Information we collect
We collect information provided by you, including personally identifiable details such as name and email address. We also collect information automatically, such as cookies.
(2) How we use information
(3) Disclosure of information
Only the information you select to be visible will be available to other users. You may choose to disclose personal information via your profile, directly to other users in forums and comments or otherwise while using Make a Friend. Such information is provided at your discretion and you are solely responsible for the privacy and confidentiality of this information.
(4) How long we store information
We store personal and payment information for as long as you are a user of the service. Account deletion and removal of associated information is at the discretion of Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd. You may terminate this Agreement by requesting to close your account at any time for any reason. In such event, Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd shall have no further obligation or liability to you under this Agreement or otherwise. We may suspend or terminate your accounts for violation of this Agreement, and will have no further liability to you in connection with such suspension or termination.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Roberta Balagopal, Senior Consultant
Updated 7 June 2018