Personal Data Use Policy
Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). By using this website, you agree that all interactions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
What personal information do we collect?
(1) Candidate Resumes for advertised positions, inclusive of personal contact information, and information on current citizenship/residency.
(2) Biodata gathered via registration, application and contact forms.
(3) Scanned copies of documents to support applications.
(4) Individual Career Services client contact information, session information and resumes where applicable.
(5) Information supplied to us by visitors via contact form, forums or chat, including names and email addresses.
(6) Website visitor information. We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website.
(7) Forum users: Only the information you select to be visible will be available to other users. You may choose to disclose personal information via your profile, directly to other users in forums and comments or otherwise while using the Forums. Such information is provided at your discretion and you are solely responsible for the privacy and confidentiality of this information.
What do we use it for?
(1) All information supplied to Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is for the purposes of providing services as described on our website.
(2) Candidate resumes and supporting documents may be disclosed to Client companies for the purpose of job applications.
(3) Candidate documents may be disclosed to the Ministry of Manpower for the purposes of Employment Pass applications.
(4) Individual Career Services, particularly Counselling session information, is strictly confidential.
(5) All information and documents collected are for internal use only and will not be disclosed to any outside party other than those specified, except as in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
How long do we keep this information?
(1) Candidate resumes are retained until the position that is applied for is closed.
Unsolicited resumes are not retained. Career seekers are encouraged to register and connect with us on LinkedIn instead.
(2) Scanned copies of documents to support job or visa applications are kept until the application is approved/ rejected. For subsequent applications, original or true copy documents will need to be resubmitted or verified.
(3) Individual Career Services session information is retained for a minimum of one (1) year from the date of last transaction.
(4) Contact information supplied to us may be retained if relevant for current or future services provided to clients. Duration varies according to client needs. We do not send unsolicited promotional messages.
How is this information stored?
(1) Hardcopies of biodata forms for internal use are stored onsite on our premises.
(2) Individual Career Services session information is stored onsite on our premises in hardcopy until sessions conclude, at which time they are scanned for electronic storage.
(3) Documents and other information are stored electronically using international data security standards with third party supplier(s) and / or our own internal-access server.
Links to other sites
(1) This site contains links to other sites (YouTube, GoogleMaps, etc). Gary and Pearl International Pte Ltd makes no representations whatsoever concerning the contents, privacy policies or functionality of those sites, or the data they collect or share. Please use at your own discretion.
Additional Information for Forum Users
Conduct by Users of the Forums
You agree to abide by the following rules of conduct. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the service, whether online or offline. Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user.
You agree that you will not:
(1) Post, display, or share content that violates any law.
(2) Stalk, harass, or engage in any inappropriate conduct with other users of the service.
(3) Post, display, or share content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person’s privacy.
(4) Post, display, or share content that is obscene, hateful, or otherwise objectionable.
(5) Transmit viruses, or other computer code that may harm the service, or that may harvest or collect data about other users without their consent.
(5) Post or share unsolicited advertising or promotional materials.
(7) Engage in malicious or disruptive conduct that impedes or interferes with other users’ use of the Forums.
(8) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other user’s account.
Any violation by you of the rules of conduct may result in immediate termination of your account without any notice or compensation.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Roberta Balagopal, Senior Consultant
Updated 22 Jan 2019