Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). By using this website, you agree that all interactions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
What personal information do we collect?
(1) Candidate Resumes for advertised positions, inclusive of personal contact information, and information on current citizenship/residency.
(2) Biodata gathered via registration, application and contact forms.
(3) Scanned copies of documents to support applications.
(4) Individual Career Services client contact information, session information and resumes where applicable.
(5) Information supplied to us by visitors via contact form, forums or chat, including names, phone numbers and email addresses.
(6) Website visitor information. We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website.
(7) Forum users: Only the information you select to be visible or choose to divulge will be available to other users or to us. We advise against posting personal and/or sensitive information about yourself on open forums. Should you still choose to do so, such information is provided at your own discretion and risk.
What do we use it for?
(1) All information supplied to Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is for the purposes of providing services as described on our website.
(2) Candidate resumes and supporting documents may be disclosed to Client companies for the purpose of job applications.
(3) Candidate documents may be disclosed to the Ministry of Manpower for the purposes of Employment Pass applications.
(4) Individual Career Services, particularly Counselling session information, is strictly confidential.
(5) All information and documents collected are for internal use only and will not be disclosed to any outside party other than those specified, except as in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
How long do we keep this information?
(1) Candidate resumes are retained until the position that is applied for is closed.
Unsolicited resumes are not retained. Career seekers are encouraged to register and connect with us on LinkedIn instead.
(2) Scanned copies of documents to support job or visa applications are kept until the application is approved/ rejected. For subsequent applications, original or true copy documents will need to be resubmitted or verified.
(3) Individual Career Services session information is retained for a minimum of one (1) year from the date of last transaction.
(4) Contact information supplied to us may be retained if relevant for current or future services provided to clients. Duration varies according to client needs. We do not send unsolicited promotional messages.
(5) Forum users: Your forum account and posts will be kept indefinitely, as long as forums are active on our site and your account is in good standing. You may change your personal particulars at any time via your account page on the forum.
How is this information stored?
(1) Hardcopies of biodata forms for internal use are stored onsite on our premises.
(2) Individual Career Services session information is stored onsite on our premises in hardcopy until sessions conclude, at which time they are scanned for electronic storage.
(3) Documents and other information are stored electronically using international data security standards with third party supplier(s) and / or our own internal-access server.
Links to other sites
(1) This site contains links to other sites (YouTube, GoogleMaps, etc). Gary and Pearl International Pte Ltd makes no representations whatsoever concerning the contents, privacy policies or functionality of those sites, or the data they collect or share. Please use at your own discretion.
Additional Information for Forum Users
Conduct by Users of the Forums
You agree to abide by the following rules of conduct. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the service, whether online or offline. Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user.
You agree that you will not:
(1) Post, display, or share content that violates any law.
(2) Stalk, harass, or engage in any inappropriate conduct with other users of the service.
(3) Post, display, or share content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libellous, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person’s privacy.
(4) Post, display, or share content that is obscene, hateful, or otherwise objectionable.
(5) Transmit viruses, or other computer code that may harm the service, or that may harvest or collect data about other users without their consent.
(5) Post or share unsolicited advertising or promotional materials.
(7) Engage in malicious or disruptive conduct that impedes or interferes with other users’ use of the Forums.
(8) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other user’s account.
Any violation by you of the rules of conduct may result in immediate termination of your account without any notice or compensation.
Observers in Counselling Sessions
A trained observer is present during counselling sessions, either physically in the next room or remotely via audio stream only (eg Skype). Observers are members of our staff and are bound by the same confidentiality policy as the lead counsellor. Observers do not record any part of the session, as their role is solely to provide feedback to the lead counsellor post-session, as part of our process of continual improvement to our services.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Roberta Balagopal, Senior Consultant & Data Protection Officer
Updated 9 May 2019