Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). By using this website and/or engaging our services, you agree that all interactions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
What personal information do we collect?
(1) Career Counselling/Coaching session notes.
(2) Information supplied to us by visitors and clients via contact form, purchase form, emails, forums or chat, including names, phone numbers and email addresses.
(3) Payments are processed by third party payment providers or banks. We do not have access to or store credit card or bank account information.
What do we use it for?
(1) All information supplied to Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is for the purposes of providing services as described on our website.
(2) Website visitor information is used solely for the functionality, usage analysis and security of the website, and to provide enhanced functionality such as user accounts and saved preferences where applicable.
(3) We do not send unsolicited promotional messages. If you receive any message that appears to come from us, please notify us immediately.
Who has access to this information?
(1) All information, session notes and documents collected are strictly confidential and for internal use only and will not be disclosed to any outside party other than those specified, except as in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
(2) We do not disclose Counselling session notes to third parties, including employers or family members.
How long do we keep this information?
(1) Unsolicited resumes or other documents are not retained.
(2) Career Counselling/Coaching session information is retained for a minimum of two months from the date of last transaction.
(3) Contact information and email correspondence supplied to us may be retained if relevant for current or future services provided to clients, and for accounting purposes. Duration varies according to client needs.
How is this information stored?
(1) Hardcopies of registration forms for internal use are stored onsite on our premises.
(2) Career Counselling/Coaching session notes are stored onsite on our premises in hardcopy until sessions conclude. Photographs of these notes may be taken by clients for retention, or taken by us and sent to the client.
(3) Soft copy or scanned documents, notes, emails and messages are stored electronically using international data security standards with third party supplier(s) and/or our own internal-access server.
Links to other sites and chat services
(1) This site contains links to other sites (YouTube, Facebook, etc). We makes no representations whatsoever concerning the contents, privacy policies or functionality of those sites, or the data they collect or share. Please use at your own discretion.
Observers in Counselling Sessions
A trained observer is always present during Counselling sessions, either physically in the next room or remotely via audio stream (ie FaceTime or Zoom). Observers are members of our staff and are bound by the same confidentiality policy as the lead counsellor. Observers do not record any part of the session, as their role is solely to support and provide feedback to the lead counsellor, as part of our process of continual improvement to our services.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Roberta Balagopal, Senior Consultant & Data Protection Officer
Updated 17 Jan 2024