~ Read the forum rules before participating ~

How do I deal with burnout?  

RSS

chunkymint
(@chunkymint)
New Member Registered
08/11/2018 11:00 am  

I feel very overworked and partly, it's due to my lack of interest and poor job fit for the job. I'm always tired while at work. Unsure if this is burnout. However, I need the job and wish to be more motivated to get my job done faster. What can I do to tide myself over?

veeknot
(@veeknot)
Active Member Registered
08/11/2018 12:41 pm  

If, in addition to the tired and overwork feeling you have, you also feel angry (at yourself, someone else or both), then this is likely some stage of burnout. If, there’s no anger, then your equilibrium is off.

For the anger situation, you will need to decide if you are ready to let go of the anger and replace it with a different feeling. If you can somehow let go of the anger but don’t end up replacing it with another feeling, the anger seems to just creep back. This is cause by releasing the anger, you accidentally created a vacuum and that vacuum ends up pulling the anger back.

For the non anger situation, William Glasser’s 5 basic needs is a model that can help you look at your stress equilibrium and how the ways in which you currently deal with stress might be unbalanced.

When your system is unbalanced, what you essentially do is to try to balance out stresses with your body. Except, you have a finite amount of stamina and as you run out of stamina, you feel increasingly tired.

So, to tide you over, look at how to regain the equilibrium that keeps you stable.

ReplyQuote
chunkymint
(@chunkymint)
New Member Registered
21/01/2019 8:00 am  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote