Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
What personal information do we collect?
- Candidate Resumes for advertised positions, inclusive of personal contact information, and information on current citizenship/residency.
- Biodata gathered via registration, application and contact forms.
- Scanned copies of documents to support applications.
- Individual Career Services client contact information, session information and resumes where applicable.
- Information supplied to us by visitors via contact form or chat.
- Website visitor information. We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website. This is used solely for the functionality and security of the website.
What do we use it for?
- All information supplied to Gary & Pearl International Pte Ltd is for the purposes of providing services as described on our website.
- Candidate resumes and supporting documents may be disclosed to Client companies for the purpose of job applications.
- Candidate documents may be disclosed to the Ministry of Manpower for the purposes of Employment Pass applications.
- Individual Career Services, particularly Counselling session information, is strictly confidential.
- All information and documents collected are for internal use only and will not be disclosed to any outside party other than those specified, except as in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
How long do we keep this information?
- Candidate resumes are retained until the position that is applied for is closed.
- Unsolicited resumes are not retained. Career seekers are encouraged to register and connect with us on LinkedIn instead.
- Scanned copies of documents to support job or visa applications are kept until the application is approved/ rejected. For subsequent applications, original or true copy documents will need to be resubmitted or verified.
- Individual Career Services session information is retained for a minimum of one (1) year from the date of last transaction.
- Contact information supplied to us may be retained if relevant for current or future services provided to clients.
How is this information stored?
- Hardcopies of biodata forms for internal use are stored onsite on our premises.
- Individual Career Services session information is stored onsite on our premises in hardcopy until sessions conclude, at which time they are scanned for electronic storage.
- Documents and other information are stored electronically using international data security standards with third party supplier(s) and / or our own internal-access server.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Roberta Balagopal, Senior Consultant
Updated 14 Feb 2018